White and luminous teeth look young and healthy. Unfortunately, many of us find that our smiles become duller or darker as time goes on. The good news is that there are steps you can take to refresh your smile. Keep reading to learn more from our Toluca Lake cosmetic dentists!
Your teeth may begin to look older or discolored for a number of reasons:
- You’re consuming a lot of staining substances, like coffee, soft drinks, wine, and chocolate
- Your dental enamel has thinned, allowing more of the yellow dentin to show through to the surface of the tooth
- Your teeth are damaged due to infection or trauma
Depending on the underlying cause of your dental discoloration, you may choose to move forward with one or more of the following aesthetic treatments:
- Topical professional dental treatment—the potent gels we use are designed to lift discoloration from the tooth surface, helping to restore your smile to its previous level of whiteness
- Dental bonding—using composite resin, our team can cover discolored or unsightly enamel with fresh, white, natural looking bonding
- Porcelain veneers—veneers are individually-crafted, exceptionally thin restorations that are permanently affixed to the surface of the patient’s teeth. Porcelain mimics the appearance of the natural enamel, so the end aesthetic result is attractive and natural looking.
No matter what treatment you end up pursuing, the process always begins with a thorough dental cleaning and professional dental assessment. Many people are surprised at just how much better their smiles look after a comprehensive cleaning.
Our Toluca Lake cosmetic dentists are happy to answer any questions that you may have, and to schedule a personal consultation for you. Give our office a call to speak to a member of our team, or use the Contact Us page on our site to submit an inquiry and your contact information.